Thursday, July 9, 2009

Twitter

I have a Twitter account. I set it up a couple month's back for the sole purpose of the Foundation Center online network days conference. It was recommended that participants of this conference have a Twitter or LinkedIn account.

I must admit I had not logged for over a month until today. I follow a couple things, and I have some followers. That makes me feel sort of bad since I really don't get on there to update what I am doing. Maybe that makes me one of the Twitterers I've read about recently that sign up because it's cool, then never bothers to update. I do, however, log in and update my Facebook page quite often.

I also feel that most of my posts during the week would be rather boring..."updating the 2.0 blog"; "working on a PPT presentation"; "getting ready for a meeting"; "lunch time". I'm not sure that it would be the greatest use of my work time, and I rarely get on the computer at home at night.

I can certainly see uses for Twitter. Recently a large soccer tournament was held in Sioux Falls. Someone (a coach, manager, media person...I don't remember) was using Twitter to update games. This, I'm sure, was great for the folks back home who did not make it to SF. This gave them instant updates on who scored, who had the ball, etc. Definitely useful in that respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment