Monday, July 13, 2009

RSS

I have had a Bloglines account for probably a good year now, and I don't know what I'd do without it.

I have lots of library blogs saved here, plus some news RSS feeds so I can stay up to date on the headlines. I think it is an important thing for a reference librarian to be aware of headlines because you never know when someone is going to call and ask about something related to what is going on in the world or locally. I usually just glance at the headlines. Once in a while, I'll click on the link to the story just because I think I need additional info. 99% of my Bloglines feeds are library related, with the exception of CNN. I also check the Rapid City Journal and Keloland news online, but I don't have RSS feeds set up for them. It has just become a habit for me to check those.

No comments:

Post a Comment