Wednesday, July 8, 2009

State Library move

I thought I'd try to get into the habit of blogging, so I am updating you all on the move at the State Library. :-)

Yesterday half of the staff moved their offices downstairs into the new office space. Everything seemed to go smoothly except for a couple of "no electricity" issues that were fixed by day's end. Today the remainder of the staff will move. There is nothing like moving to force one to purge stuff. I have found statistics way back to the 70's that were still in a file drawer.

Our public area looks really nice. We have new furniture. New tables are still on the way. We are hoping to do some nice displays out there.

Most of the staff now works out of cubicles. I don't mind it except that my back is to traffic that walks by, and that feels kind of weird. If you study feng shui, as I do, having your back to traffic is not a good thing! Hopefully I can hang a mirror at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment