Monday, July 27, 2009

Podcasts

I'm not quite done with Flickr yet. I still want to explore that further. However, in the interest of time, I wanted to move on, so here I am at podcasts. I like the idea of a library using these as a media tool, a "what's happening at the library" weekly podcast (or daily if you are a really busy public library).

I used podcastalley.com to search for 'library' and came up with a lot of hits, so there are a lot of library's and library junkies using this tool. I looked at podcasts like 'the library channel' and 'open stacks' but avoided that one titled 'erotic xpression'. After all, I am on a state computer and the title of that one scared me a little. Maybe I'll explore that one when I am at home on my own computer. Of course, it may be a book talk program, who knows?

I also did some other searches for things like national public radio and Black Hills. There really are a lot of podcasts out there. I think, though, that unless it is related to my job, I would probably not use them much.

No comments:

Post a Comment