Monday, July 6, 2009

7 1/2 lifelong learning habits

7 ½ Habits - easiest vs. hardest

Begin with the end in mind – this seems to be easiest. Whether the goal is to learn something that can be used in my job, or to learn something new “just because I’m curious”, it is easy to determine the goal

Accept responsibility for your own learning – On a personal level, this is the hardest for me. At work, it is very easy for me to sign up for webinars and tutorials because I am focused and know that I have eight hours in my work day to complete whatever and learn new things too. After work, it is hard for me to not get distracted by life in general. So on a personal level, to sign up for an online class or even read a how-to book of some sort takes coordination and determination to actually set aside my personal time to do it

No comments:

Post a Comment