Thursday, March 11, 2010

Kudos to SD DOT

I took a quick little trip to Denver over the past week. The trip on the way to and from Rapid City was less than enjoyable with icy roads, frost, slush, snow and whatever else mother nature could throw out there to slow traffic to 40 on I-90. However, I am proud to say that the SD Department of Transportation crews (most likely Murdo, Kadoka, and Wall) were out in full force and helped alleviate the stress a little.

Good job guys and gals! It's been a tough winter on all of the highway workers in SD, and as the daughter of a 39 year (now retired) DOT veteran, I remember many Christmas mornings when presents had to wait until Dad finished plowing the roads so everyone else could arrive safely at Grandma's house.

Check out the latest DOT newsletter for some photos of the roads they have encountered this winter.
http://www.sddot.com/docs/newsletters/newsletter_0210.pdf

1 comment:

  1. I agree that our highway crews have done a great job under horrid conditions. My dad used to move snow for townships and individuals as a contractor, so we have some similar memories of bad winters past, Brenda.

    ReplyDelete